Wednesday, October 22, 2008

King Of The Internet - Greatest Hits

So ur with ur honey and yur making out wen the phone rigns. U anser it n the vioce is "wut r u doing wit my daughter?" U tell ur girl n she say "my dad is ded". THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

No, actually, I was with my honey and we were talking about those crappy marketing slogans for generations that used to be so popular, 'Baby Boomers', 'gen-x' etc and I was wondering what my generation's term was. A quick search on wikipedia reveals us to be called 'Gen-Y' or 'Millenials', which is completely retarded. I'd always rather think of us as GENERATION TERRORISTS, but I think that's reserved for the post Sept-11 crowd.

There was one time, however, where I was thinking vaguely about what characterized this particular generation and realized that, most of us 20-somethings, we grew up with the internet. The more socially inept of us, which of course means me and my friends, were raised by the internet and when we grew up, became proud citizens of the internet. Our generation should really be called 'WTF' when the Schadenfreude of FAIL becomes so ubiquitous, the world becomes meaningless drivel. Nothing is new, nothing is unique, all is recycled garbage and I am such a fucking cynic. Fuck you, me.

The term 'religious freedom' has no meaning on the internet, because it is, at heart, an anarchist society and most religions serve as nothing more than food for trolls anyway. There are a few contenders for God of The Internet and/or Final Boss of The Internet, though, but there is only one man who has truly united the internet enough to be called... I don't know, they don't really have a special name for him. President of the Internet? King of the Internet? I don't know. But just his name alone makes you never want to give him up, let him down, run around or desert him.

If you don't know who I'm talking about, you obviously haven't read the wiki about Ignace Paderewski, the man who was single-handedly responsible for the rise of Polish music. Yes, people. I'm talking about POLAND.


King Of The Internet - Greatest Hits (drop.io)

No comments: